A successful study program begins with a good start, and that’s exactly what the introductory days are for: Here, first-year students get to know their fellow students and the professors. They get their bearings at the university and receive important information about studying.
The introductory days 2023 of the Hof University of Applied Sciences will take place on Wednesday, 04.10.2023 at 09.15 a.m. for all “Erstis” in Foyer B at the Hof Campus(map of the Hof Campus). All first-year students from the Bachelor’s and Master’s programs of the winter semester 2023/24 are invited.
The students of the higher semesters will start their courses on 05.10.2023.
Registration for the introduction days is not required.
Why is it worth attending the introduction days?
- great opportunity for all first-year students to network with each other and get to know their new university home
- varied program designed to quickly integrate all new students into the university community; highlight of the day is the campus rally to explore the campus and discover interesting places and facilities
- excellent opportunity to get to know professors personally on the very first day
- ideal time to ask questions, ask for support and lay the foundation for a successful academic career
Orientation Weeks for international students
On September 22, 2023, and thus a good two weeks before the start of the semester, all new international students (on and offline) will start an extensive orientation program with the so-called Orientation Weeks. This is organized by the International Office and the Welcome Center of Hof University of Applied Sciences and is intended to make it easier for international students to get started in Hof or in Germany in general.
What do the Orientation Weeks offer?
- Support with bureaucracy (visa, residence permit, health insurance, opening an account)
- Getting to know the campus, city and region (campus and city tours)
- Excursions (e.g. museums, factory tours, etc.)
- Excursions (city trips e.g. to Nuremberg, Bamberg, Bayreuth)
- Events and get-togethers (bowling, quiz night, karaoke, English cinema, etc.)
- Support in finding housing in Hof and Münchberg through the Housing Office
- Academic preparation for studies (timetable workshop, meetings with deans/professors)
- Language courses and language events for beginners and advanced students organized by the Language Center
- Workshops on intercultural competence
For the winter semester 2023/2024, the university expects about 190 full students (15 in the Bachelor, the rest Master and 115 of them in the Graduate School) and about 80 exchange students, equally distributed among all three faculties. The international students come from all over Europe as well as Asia (Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Iran, Pakistan, India, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Syria, Turkey), Russia, Africa (Cameroon, Nigeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Kenya, Algeria) and Latin America (Peru, Mexico).
We are already looking forward to our campus finally filling up with life again starting in October and wish all students from the 1st semester, but of course also from the higher semesters, a good start into the winter semester 2023/2024.
First Semester Welcome Event of the City of Hof
The city of Hof invites all freshmen of the Hof University of Applied Sciences and the University of Public Service on 04.10.2023 to a Welcome Party at the Theater Hof. Food, drinks and entertainment will be provided by the Stadtmarketing Hof. The party starts at 5:30 p.m. in the foyer of the theater.
Further information will follow in the calendar of events.